Friday, August 13, 2010

Mount Pinatubo Trek

"There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing."

 

mount pinatubo by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.com

 

mt pinatubo by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.com

 

My first mountain hike here in the Philippines is the Mount Pinatubo. I’m not a big fan of mountain climbing that is why I am reluctant to climb this mountain. But since there have been many tourists professing the beauty of this place, I’ve challenged myself to visit this place also. Plus, they already offer a 4x4 ride, so the trek would not be that difficult. Indeed, it turned out to be true - reaching the crater of the almighty Mount Pinatubo is beyond description.

 

 

 

pinatubo by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.com

pinatubo philippines by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.com

lahar by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.com

 

volcano tour by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.com

During the time we went there, it was raining cats and dogs. I was not prepared  for the rain. And I even brought my DSLR camera. So at some point, I regret joining the trip. Various worst-case scenarios came up on my mind – flashfloods, eruption, etc etc. I know it’s crazy, but once you’re there, you can’t do anything but pray.

After reaching the crater, all of my pain and worries went away. The view was simply amazing. It was really really majestic. I promised myself to go back to the place when it’s not raining. I wish could back there at least once a year. 

 

pinatubo 1991 eruption by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.com

 

pinatubo eruption by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.com

 

where is mount pinatubo.blogspot.com

 

mountain hike by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.com

 

    If you can do the necessary arrangements by yourself, rather than going thmount pinatubo siniloan by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.comrough agency, then by all means do so. Seasoned backpackers would find that the charges made by travel agencies are expensive. Based on my experience, the biggest challenge if you do your trek independently is the commute going to the place in itself. As a matter of fact, if you are coming from manila, it’s not really that hard because you just have to take the bus. The 4x4 going to the mountain itself are plenty. You just have to negotiate to the people in charge of the vehicles.

But if you really want to have all the conveniences, then you can opt for travel agencies. At least you will not think anymore of the transportation going to and from the Mount Pinatubo. What is important is that you enjoy the view (on the crater most especially) as well as the journey going to the moth of the mountain. Good luck with the wild ride!  

 

mount pinatubo pampanga by thebohochicwanderer.blogspot.com

 

 

Here are some links to have greater knowledge about Mount Pinatubo:

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment